Eastern & Oriental Hotel – Victory Annexe

EASTERN & ORIENTAL HOTEL
– VICTORY ANNEXE

2013 – Pulau Pinang
Hospitality

In 1885 the E&O Hotel started off with a 30-bedrooms lodging house with a dining room with 12 tables. Over time the hotel was altered to accommodate new facilities. In 1907, the main block was demolished to allow for a two-storey guest room wing, a new sea wall, a dining room, a dance floor and a bar.

At its height in 1923, E&O Hotel, fondly called as the Premier Hotel East of Suez, was known as the largest and best hotel in Penang, as well as the hotel in Penang with the longest seafront. In 1995, after an extensive 5-year restoration work, the hotel was re-opened as a luxury heritage hotel.

In keeping the original Victorian styled model guestrooms of the early 1900s, all guestrooms enjoy the sea view, afforded with en-suite bathrooms fitted with claw footed long baths with freestanding plumbing, pedestal ceramic basins, ceiling fans and private balconies. The new interior is based on a modern interpretation of East meets West with furnishing elements entwining harmoniously in a classical setting.

Team:
Jurutera Perunding TSSC Lim Sdn Bhd
Jurutera Perunding Valdun
Ukur Bahan Konsult
Walrus Design Sdn Bhd
Jurukur Bersama
IA49

Site:
1.832 acres

Gross Floor Area:
43,314.26 sq.m

Development components:
1 block 15 storey hotel

No. of Rooms & Suites:
139 rooms

No. of Parking Space:
376 for cars
354 for motorcycles
2 for buses

Facilities and amenities:
Retail, main lobby and restaurant at ground level
4 levels of car parking floor
Ballrooms and meeting rooms at Level 5
Ballrooms and swimming pools at Level 6

RECENT WORKS